Of course, we will assume that you don’t have a smart tvbecause in this case it would be more comfortable to directly install an application to play IPTV on your smart TV.
IPTV on Xbox consoles
Xbox family consoles (Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X) are the easiest to play IPTV content. The best way to watch IPTV channels on an Xbox console is to install Kodi Media Player on Xbox. By installing Kodi, you can watch all IPTV channels without any problem.
Developer: XBMC Foundation
The famous media center has an official app in the Xbox Store. Once installed, we can follow the steps to add the IPTV channel lists. There is a long list of addons or complements to view lists or M3U in Kodi, although we will opt for the easiest to install: PVR SimpleClient.
- Open Kodi
- Go to the Addons section
- Tap on the “Install from Repository” option.
- Open the section that says “All repositories”.
- Once here, go to PVR Clients.
- In the previous section, select PVR IPTV Simple Client.
- We enter and click on Install.
After installing it, click on the Setup tab and go to where it says “Path to M3U list”. We are looking for the path where we downloaded the IPTV list file and click OK. We restart Kodi and open it again to start watching IPTV on Kodi for Xbox.
Another alternative to this method is to use My IPTV player is a popular IPTV player which is officially available for Xbox consoles. Many other IPTV apps for Windows 10 are probably also Xbox compatible.
Can it be on Nintendo Switch?
The simplest answer is no, but with a caveat: it can’t be seen officially, but it is capable of doing so if you dare modify the console (although it’s loaded on the micro SD, not the Switch), which adds a risk of rendering it unusable as well as voiding the warranty. This is done by installing Line operating systema fork open source Android app that gives you the ultimate Android experience. Having Android TV on the Nintendo console allows you to use the TV interface to turn the screen into a Smart TV for all intents and purposes.
Following the steps to install Android on your Nintendo Switch will once again open the door to apps for streaming TV like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or HBO Max, but you can also install Kodi for Android and by following Xbox steps to add M3U lists, you can use hybrid console to watch IPTV.
The Best Solution to Watch IPTV on PlayStation
PlayStation is the most complicated platform of the three console families we’ve mentioned, be it PlayStation 4 or PS5. We can use a tool like Plex and also use our smartphone to stream content from a mobile with Kodi installed. These would be the steps to follow:
- We connect our PS4 on TV and Internet
- We search and install Complex in console
- We signed up and created a complex account
- We install Plex on our mobile (iOS or Android)
- We start session on Plex from PS4 with the same account we created
- We introduce the coded displayed on our mobile
- We’re going System Setup
- We mark the options Camera Roll, Server Advertising and Network Discovery
- Now we can try to stream any Kodi content from mobile to TV connected to PS4
You’ll just have to use Kodi normally to get the most out of it.