Here are the steps to link a Nintendo Network ID to a Nintendo Account.
Nintendo Network ID, also abbreviated as NNID, is a unique identification name of a Nintendo user. Each NNID can only be associated with one console of the same type at a time. Now, if you have created both NNID and Nintendo accounts, it will be good to link them to facilitate data transfer from another Nintendo console. In this guide, I’ll show you how to link your Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account.
Steps to link your Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account
If you have already created a Nintendo Network ID on a Nintendo console, you can associate it by going to the official Nintendo website (while signed in to your Nintendo Account) and checking the Nintendo Network ID box. Follow the full tutorial below to link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account:
Linking your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account:
- First, be sure to save both your Nintendo Account username and password and NNID to use in the steps below.
- Now go to the official Nintendo website here on a web browser.
- Then use your email address and password to log in.
- After that, choose the user information which is on the left side.
- Navigate down and choose the Edit option which is next to Linked Accounts.
- Check the box next to Nintendo Network ID.
- You may be prompted for your NNID username and password, just fill them in.
- Finally, you can go to the eShop on your Nintendo console and merge your funds. This way, you will be able to buy games on all the Nintendo devices you own using the same account.
That’s all you need to know about how to link your NNID and Nintendo Account. If you’re interested in more Nintendo tips and tricks, check out our other guides on How to Download the Twitch App on Nintendo Switchand How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Nintendo Switch.