The Epic Games account can be linked to other gaming platforms to make things easier. However, that might not be what you want. Therefore, we teach you how to unlink your Epic Games account from PS4 or PS5.
The Epic Games app can be a bit enigmatic. Menus and options are not easy to find or use. Disconnecting your account from other stores and platforms follows the rules. It’s not intuitive.
In fact, the workaround is through the Epic Games website. You cannot do this on the app or console. You’re probably using an Epic Games account to play Fortnite. We also teach you how to connect your Epic Games account to Sony’s console if you are unfamiliar.
How to unlink Epic Games account from PS4 or PS5?
The Epic Games app is not directly compatible with the PS4, so there is no way to unlock the account on the console.
Instead, you need to go to the website and log out of your console. Although not intuitive, the instructions are easy to follow:
Since the Epic Games app is not compatible with your PS4, you will need to go to the Epic Games website to sign out.
- Go to the Epic Games website on your PC, and log in to your account
- Place the cursor on your username in the upper right corner
- In the drop-down menu, click “Account”
- In the left sidebar, click “Connections”
- Click it “Accounts”
- Scroll to the PlayStation Network areaand click on the “Disconnect” button (it’s a gray button)
- Confirm your logout in the pop-up window. You have to check the boxes to complete the process
These steps will work on PS4 or PS5, just as you do them through the webpage. Therefore, the next time you play Battle Royale on a Sony console, the game will ask you to sign in to an account.
From then on, you can use your PSN network or another Epic Games account. In particular, if you choose “Skip these steps”, the game will work with your default PSN credentials. Otherwise, the “Link” option will prompt you to use Epic’s system.
What is an Epic Games Account?
The Epic Games Store is Steam’s main rival as a storefront, platform, and launcher for PC games.
You can open one for free at Epic Games Store Page. Then you can download the store for your PC or use the account when playing certain games on the console.
Using an Epic Games account has two main benefits:
- You can use the store. Although the interface and its community features lag behind Steam, it offers attractive offers and free games every month. Some of the latest free games include the Bioshock Trilogy and Prey.
- You can use the account to link the progress of certain games across different platforms.
Cross-play and cross-progression Epic Games
Basically, you can have an Epic Games account logged in simultaneously on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC.
This will allow you to continue your progress across the platforms of various games supported by Epic Games. Moreover, it allows users to play multiplayer games with users on other PC platforms such as Steam.
Each title available in the Epic Games Store with multiplayer functionality must support cross-platform and cross-play through an Epic Games account. That’s the theory, as not all games support it, but there are several. Popular examples include Fortnite, Rocket League, Paragon and Fall Guys.
Additionally, every Epic Games exclusive title supports cross-play and cross-progression through the Epic Games account. Here are the exclusive games:
- 3 out of 10
- A Knight’s Quest
- against the storm
- Alan Wake Remastered
- Alan Wake 2
- Year 1800
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Automatic failures
- Battle Breaker
- binary smoke
- Castle Storm 2
- Bribery 2029
- Crysis Remastered Trilogy
- Dangerous driving
- Darkest Dungeon II
- The Division 2
- Eternal Cylinder
- Evil Dead: The Game
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Ghostbusters: Spirits Freed
- Goat Simulator 3
- grinding wheel
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Jett: The Far Shore
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Exhibition Kid A Mnesia
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria
- Magic: The Gathering Arena
- monkey barrels
- Neo: the world ends with you
- Omen of Sorrow
- PC Building Simulator 2
- Ghost Brigade
- ReadySet Heroes
- rocket league
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures
- saints row
- salt and sacrifice
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game – Complete Edition
- The settlers
- Shoulders of Giants
- solar ash
- Sonic Colors: Ultimate
- space punks
- Stranger from Paradise Final Fantasy Origin
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
- Touch type tale
- Unreal Tournament
- Void Train
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- witch fire
- The Wolf Among Us 2
The Epic Games and Fortnite account
So, for example, you can use Epic Games to create an account to play Fortnite online on its available platforms. The single account allows you to sync your Fortnite progress across different video consoles.
This is how the game supports both cross-play and cross-progression. The latter means you can transport your character to another platform using the same credentials.
You can also play the game without an Epic Games account. The alternative is to use each platform’s account, such as Nintendo Account or PlayStation Network ID. These options do not allow cross-progression, but they do allow cross-play.
Why unlink Epic Games account from PS4 or PS5?
So while there are benefits to using an Epic Game account, there are reasons to close it. To know:
- You are using the wrong Epic Games account
- You want to start Fortnite from scratch
- You have created a new PSN, Xbox or Nintendo account
- You don’t want to play supported Epic Games titles on other platforms
- You have no other platforms to play on
- You no longer use Epic Games
- The PS4 or PS5 is your primary console
How to link PS4 or PS5 to Epic Games?
Finally, we teach you how to link your PS4 or PS5 to an Epic Games account.
There are two ways to do this. The first is through the website:
- Go back to Epic Games Website and Login
- Hover over your username in the top right and click “Account”
- In the left menu, click Connections
- Go to the “Accounts” tongue
- Scroll to PlayStation Network and press “Connect”
- Select Account link
- Log in with your PSN credentials. Now Epic exclusive games will work with Epic account or prompt you to use it
The second option is to open Fornite on the console:
- Open Fortnite on PS4 or PS5
- Select “Link an account”
- You will see a code on the screen. Write it down, because you will use it to link the account
- Type the code on this site with your PC or smartphone and click on Continue
- Login to epic games
- To confirm
This second process requires you to use the PC, so you can try it on the website from the beginning.