Publisher Digerati and developer Greylock Studio have announced that Severed Steel will launch for consoles in July 2022.
The kinetic first-person shooter will launch on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on July 20, Nintendo Switch on July 21, and Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on July 22. Merge Games is bringing a physical edition to retailers this summer, for $34.99.
cut steel is available for Windows PC (via Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store) since September 2021.
Here is a new trailer:
Here is an overview of Steel cut:
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your finger on the trigger and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Do a series of runs, dives, flips and slides on the walls to take down all the enemies.
- A unique fighter – Play as Steel, an agile, one-armed sniper on a mission. There’s no reloading – choose your shots wisely and be prepared to pull a loaded weapon out of your enemies’ cold, dead hands.
- Stylish Combat – Dodge bullets, jump walls, slide kicks, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to prevail in intense and frantic firefights.
- Fully destructible environment – Pepper through plaster with 4.7mm sharp rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 caliber slugs, or blast big holes in things with your hand cannon.
- Dynamic AI – No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, team-based AI.
- Fire Fight Mode – Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-style mode. Features 30 levels, each with its own sub-challenges, and over 20 “mutators” to unlock and modify the game.
- Campaign mode – Travel through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of the infamous mega-corporation, EdenSys.
- Accessibility – A range of adjustable settings for features like difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more.