Those who used to play Minecraft: Java Edition may be confused by these important changes. Now to play Minecraft, you need to migrate your Mojang account to a Microsoft account. If you don’t know what to do, we’re here to help make everything easier.
How to Migrate Minecraft Mojang Account to Microsoft Account
Since Mojang Studios wants a greater connection with their parent company, all Minecraft Mojang accounts should become Microsoft accounts. Mojang accounts are officially retired, but that’s all that’s changed. This migration leaves your data, profile information, mods, etc. intact.
Initially, it was a voluntary option, but this migration is no longer optional since March 10, 2022. The only way to access Minecraft: Java Edition you need to migrate your account.
Fortunately, this is not a difficult process. So it shouldn’t take you long to complete this and get back into your game. This process is irreversible, but. For this reason, make sure you are accessing the correct Microsoft account.
Now let’s start the migration by following the steps below:
- With your Mojang account, log in minecraft.net. There will be a prompt on “IT”S TIME TO MOVE!”, and you will want to select “MOVE MY ACCOUNT”.
- Of the, Minecraft will ask you to verify your email address before you can migrate your account. So, select “Get Code” and check your email.
- Copy the confirmation code and select “Submit and start migration”.
- Before you can migrate your account to Minecraft, a new window will appear prompting you to create a Microsoft account. Just follow the instructions from there. You will soon be asked to create an Xbox profile and your Gamertag. Although your Minecraft the username is transferred automatically, your Gamertag and Minecraft username exist independently of each other.
- For those who already have a Microsoft account, instead of reaching a prompt to create one, you will be asked to sign in.
- You will arrive at the “Let’s enter!” screen, and from there you can finally migrate your Minecraft Account.
- Just complete the move and you’re done.
You will see a confirmation of the move, and once you relaunch the launcher, you may see the Mojang login page. If so, simply scroll back to return to the screen to select the connection. From there you can choose “Microsoft Login”.
Minecraft: How to Summon the Guardian
And There you go! You have successfully migrated from Mojang to Microsoft and can start enjoying again Minecraft.
Minecraft is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo, PC, Android and iOS.